FIVE THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME
I was originally planning that this would be our twenty fifth post, but somehow I got ahead of myself and it’s post number twenty seven!! (Woot woot!!!!) You all already know that I talk wayyyy too much, but here’s something I actually don’t like talking about- myself.
I want to be more than just words on a screen for you. Hopefully, knowing me better will add a dimension to my work so you’ll know where it’s coming from. We’ve been together for so many posts already, something I never thought would happen. Honestly, I’d never thought this blog would make more than a blip in blogging oblivion. But every like, every comment and every follow, you’ve helped me grow a spine about my poetry and stand up straight. There’s a little bit of me in each of my poems, and this post, I wanted you to all to get to know me.
‘Cause now I’m planning on sticking around. 😛
1. When you write about things that hurt you, I’m going to cry with you. I cry unashamedly when I’m reading books, when the main character has a crisis or someone hits a difficult patch or someone dies. There was this one moment I remember, when the last Harry Potter book came out. I stayed up all night and finished the book in five hours. Somewhere close to three am, my dad got up for a drink of water and walked past me on the couch, bawling my lungs out. Cause, you know, Fred died. And dad just stood there two minutes, staring at me incredulously, then went to the kitchen. But then I don’t think there’s a person alive who didn’t cry when Fred died. (It was Fred! How could she kill him??)
I cry in some movies too. I still fast forward the part where Mufasa dies. I can’t watch it, just can’t. 😦 Actually, I think I cry a lot for these things, but never in real life. I could count the people who’ve seen my cry in real life, on one hand, mum included. 😛
2. I think with my face. No really, I do. I smile when I’m thinking of something happy, I have my grump on when I’m ranting inside my head, and I make faces when I lip sync the lyrics to whatever song I’m listening to. Most of the time it’s automatic, so when I’m on the road, I have to keep reminding myself to keep a straight face,
I also smile at cats, And dogs. And birds. In fact I’ll smile at almost any animal I pass, and when no one’s around, I’ll stop and talk to them too. And you can laugh if you want, but they know they’re being spoken to. Their expressions make me smile even more. Hmm, now that I think of it, I smile a lot… Oh God, I’m one of those insufferably happy people… 😦
See? That’s my happy face.. When did this even happen… >.>
3. I have a celebrity crush on Brent Smith. I hope you know he’s the lead singer of Shinedown ( you’d better have known that.. >=( ) And he’s only the most badass singer out there, and if he’s ever up for grabs, he’s mine! (you’d better know that too! >=( ) It’s probably got something to do with the fact that I’m a rock star inside my head, but oh well. 😛
I’m also minorly obsessed with muffins. All this makes me think that le fiance probably thinks I’m nuts. In fact I’m pretty sure he thinks I’m nuts, but wuvs me anyway. Awwww *blush*
Makes sense though. He’s the nicest guy on earth!!! ❤
4. There’s a place on the Great Ocean Road in Melbourne, called Apollo Bay, where I left a part of my heart behind. It’s not very big, as towns go, but it’s a little slice of heaven. There’s a particular stretch of pristine, untouched white sand, hidden away behind a thicket. When you follow the faded path through the bushes, and reach the beach where the tiny waves lap at the shore, you’ll find yourself looking at the clearest blue ocean in the world. It’s a pure, crystal aquamarine, fading into turquoise in the distance, and the sky above that horizon, if you can drag your eyes away long enough, is endless and infinite.
The last time I was there was a day of utter peace.. to feel as if I was the only and every living thing between the earth and the sky. And those of you who’ve been there know exactly what I’m talking about. We share that moment, over space and time.
5. I’m very friendly, and I make friends very quickly too. . Now I’m not saying I don’t care about my other friends, I do care. But there’s very, very few people I’ll let into that Inner circle where we can be truly crazy together. And those few? Oh, those lot are just stuck with me. Because I will take a bullet for them. I will wrassle and hog tie a crocodile if he goes for their leg. I will do anything and everything in my power to make them happy. You know who you are, and I’m never letting you go. (Muahahahaha!!)
Love and light to you all, and don’t worry. From next post onwards it’s back to poems. =P