It Looks a Lot Like…. Rain!!
So many clouds are overhead
It almost looks like night
The distinct lack of shadows is
A disconcerting sight,
You’d think that noon is hotter and
The temperature’s insane,
But you’d really never guess it,
It looks so much like rain!
The yard is full of stretching cats
Eyeing me balefully
When the first of the drops will land
(Rain is such a bully)
They’ll be turfed off into the house
Chorussed yowling refrain
The cats aint got no place outside
When it will start to rain
The dog and me are perfectly
Happy to jump about
Him barking and me, barking mad
(hey, who let the dogs out?)
Already my pajamas have
Paw prints and grassy stains
But madness is forgivable
When it’s so much like rain!
The sky is full of steel wool that’s
Buffetted here and there,
The crazy wind’s pushing us all
Without giving a care
The leaves are all whistling about
Falling on roofs and drains
And all the trees are dancing too,
Look! It’s starting to rain! =D
Day 20 of NaPoWriMo! There’s an amazing prompt today, but I’d already written this so heeeeere we are! 🙂
Also, as promised, here are my questions for my Liebster Award nominees! 🙂
1. Why do you write, and when did you first start writing seriously?
2. What are your favorite books and authors, and why?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. Who was your first crush? (Oh yes, I’m very nosy) 😛
5. What was the last thing you saved up to buy? Unless you’re loaded, in which case, what was the last thing that you were excited to buy?
6. What do you like most about yourself?
7. If there was something you could change about the world, what would it be?
8. Who would you say changed your life, by coming into it or leaving it?
9. What is your most precious possession?
10. Tell us a secret about you. A personal quirk or naggy habit that no one knows. 🙂
11. If there is something that you could’ve written, any book or poem or short story, which one would it be and why?
Aaaand that’s all, folks! Have a great day! 😀