There’s a thingamajiggie flying around, according to which you give people who comment a number, and then they have to post that many things about themselves. I was given 11, so here are 11 things you may or may not have known about me.
1. I hate orange, the color. Specifically, bright orange. I don’t own a single orange piece of clothing, and haven’t for a long time. I don’t mind the odd melon or peachy shade. It’s just bright orange that makes me twitch *twitch*. I also have no flat shoes of my own, except sneakers. When I absolutely must wear flats, I nick my sister’s. 😛
2. I can’t listen to pop music without grimacing. Same goes for most rap nowadays. Metalheads of the world, unite!!! \m/(-_-)\m/
3. I paint my own t shirts. I mess a few up too, but they turn out okay for the most part. This is the last one I did.
4. I used to draw and sketch, a lifetime ago. Occasionally I’ll feel that need again, and out comes the sketchbook. If I have any decent amount of time, then the oil paints will make a reappearance, but those instances are few and far between.
5. I plan on getting my belly button pierced by the end of the year. If not that then at least another ear piercing, fingers crossed!
6. I want to publish a quiet lil book of my poems some day. If I get really lucky, maybe more than one book too. I’ve had a few semi self publish offers but I’m still waiting for that elusive Prince Charming-Glass Slipper-Publisher, sigh…
7. I’m nuts about animals. It takes one set of puppy dog eyes to melt me and pull me away, no matter how grubby or small/large the owner is.
8. I’m also nuts about my friends. Fiercely, viciously protective. People can say what they want about me and I will laugh it off, easy enough. You say something about my best friends, and you’ll be drawn, quartered and hung. I love my friends more than anything or anyone else in the world, and I love them to bits and pieces and to infinity and back. They’re one of the few things in my life that can get me to regularly blubber out of sheer happiness. 🙂
9. I’m a supporter of the lgbt community as well. I’m absolutely straight, but I believe we should have the right to choose who we love, that’s all.
10. I believe in God, and that everything I have in my life, is a blessing from Him. I’m a vain, ungrateful, selfish and shallow person, and yet He saves me from myself, every single time. I know I have Him, come what may. I’m not perfect, and I may never even be perfect, but I know He loves me anyway.
11. I would be lost without my poetry. There are words and people and wishes and dreams in my mind that I need to put down, I need to pen down, before they slip away into nothingness. I need to write poetry, not ‘want’. And even when I’m not writing poetry, sometimes I simply need to write.
12. I don’t like following rules. Yep. 😛
Pretty much all that. 😛
Hugs and muffins,
PS. 151st post!!! I FREAKING LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! 😀 😀 😀